We have been taught our whole lives that less is more. This is true for just about everything in life. Take for example sugar. Sugar is so sweet and such a delicious treat, but it should be consumed in moderation. You don’t want to overindulge yourself too much with sweets or you could cause serious health risks in the long run.
Or, watching your favorite Netflix shows is okay, but binge-watching for days on end will turn you into a couch potato. And believe me the lack of exercise from watching too much television is so unhealthy!
When it comes to to EMF-emitting technology the same guidelines for moderation apply. We overexpose ourselves to too much EMF radiation on a daily basis. It’s important to realize it is a very unhealthy habit.
When it comes to wifi devices, wireless headset, laptops, Bluetooth devices, modems and other equipment that emits harmful EMF rays you should use these devices in moderation.
The two most important rules to follow when using technology are:
- to minimize your use of these devices; and
- to maximize the distance you have these devices from your body.
By doing these two things you are helping to eliminate your exposure to EMF radiation. Doing everything in moderation can be hard sometimes, however, there are several tactics that you can try to adopt that will help you make progress towards this goal:
- Turn of your cellphones, devices, modems and other EMF emitting technology when you are not using them.
- Give yourself an allotted amount of time you can use these devices each day and then stick to it. When your time’s up shut down the devices.
- Don’t take your devices to bed with you. Turn them off before bed and leave them in a different room.
- Use the out of sight, out of mind rule. When you are not working with on your device, put it out of your line of sight. This will help you to not be on it so much.
- Designate one day a week to a No Wifi day. Instead on this day plan fun family events that do not require any use of technology.
I know it can be (or seems) hard to cut back on things that seem like so much fun for you. However, by sticking to a schedule and limiting your exposure to EMF you are creating a healthier living environment for you and your family. Think of it like an EMF diet.