We’ve been taught our whole lives that less is more. This is true for just about everything in life. Take sugar, for example: Sugar is such a delicious treat, but it should be consumed in moderation. You don’t want to overindulge yourself too much with sweets or you could cause serious health risks in the long run.
Or watching your favorite shows on Netflix. In itself this is fine, but binge-watching for days on end will turn you into a couch potato. And as we all know, spending all your spare time in front of the television and not moving or exercising is the opposite of healthy!
When it comes to EMF-emitting technology the same guidelines for moderation apply. We overexpose ourselves to too much EMF radiation on a daily basis. It’s important to realize it’s an unhealthy habit.
When it comes to wifi devices, wireless headsets, laptops, Bluetooth devices, modems and other equipment that emits harmful EMF rays you should use these devices in moderation.
The two most important rules to follow when using EMF-emitting technology are:
- to minimize your use of these devices; and
- to maximize the distance of these devices from your body.
By doing these two things you are helping to eliminate your exposure to EMF radiation. Doing everything in moderation can be hard sometimes, however, there are several tactics that you can try to adopt that will help you make progress towards this goal:
- Turn off your cellphones, modems and other EMF-emitting devices when you’re not using them.
- Give yourself an allotted amount of time you can use these devices for each day and then stick to it. When your time’s up shut down the devices.
- Don’t take your devices to bed with you. Turn them off before bed and leave them in a different room.
- Use the out of sight, out of mind rule. When you’re not working on your devices, put them out of your line of sight. This will minimize the temptation to use them unnecessarily.
- Designate one day a week to a No Wifi day. Instead, use this day to plan fun family activities that don’t require any use of technology.
I know it can be (or at least seems to be!) hard to cut back on things that are such an ingrained part of our daily lives. However, by sticking to a schedule and limiting your exposure to EMF you are creating a healthier living environment for you and your family. Think of it like an EMF diet.
Want to learn more ways to make technology safer and protect your heatlh? Head here for more tips.