EMF radiation is everywhere in our homes, at work, in our cars and even when we go out to eat. In order to protect ourselves and we need to know how much of this EMF radiation we are exposing ourselves too. The best place to do this is by testing your home. This is because your highest exposure rate will be the place you are at the most.
EMF exposure comes from a variety of sources including:
- Cell Phones/cordless phones
- Bluetooth devices
- Smart meters
- Wifi Routers
- Wireless headsets
- Video game consoles
- Smart Home Technology
- Wireless Baby Monitors
- And various other sources
In order to test for EMF in your home you will need a device called a ‘power density meter.’ This device has been designed to measure radio and microwave frequency ranges. If use a different type of meter, you may get inaccurate results. This is mainly because you will be measuring frequency that our products don’t shield (there are many different types of EMF radiation; our products are designed to reduce your exposure to the type of EMF radiation emitted by wireless technology).
The best way to measure is to start by reading the EMF levels of a product, such as a cell phone or tablet. After you get that reading, place one of our shielding devices over the product and measure the EMF again with the meter you are using. The reduction in EMF will let you know that the SYB product is working properly. You can do this with virtually every product in your home.
There are other ways to reduce some of the EMF you are getting in your home. One way is to turn of your Wifi router when not in use. Turn off your devices when you are not using them. This will aid in reducing your exposure to EMF radiation.
A few quick tips to help your testing going bit more smoothly:
- Hold your meter as still as possible when measuring for EMF. Movement can cause inaccurate readings.
- Don’t touch the EMF source, such as a cell phone when doing a reading. The body is an EMF conductor so if you touch the device you are reading you may get readings that are not correct.
- Understand the Maximum Levels. When your meter is saying it is reading at the max level it means that EMF is at least at that level, but levels can be higher.
- Keep in mind that a good meter will cost a bit of money. A cheap meter will be just that cheap and may not be a good quality meter.
You may never know the exact risks in your home if you don’t test for it. And the results may shock you, which is why we have come up with a number of products aimed towards shielding your body and your family from these harmful rays.
For more valuable on testing for EMF radiation in your home information please check out our ‘How To Test’ ebook.