What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site, including IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and website activity.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are served by our platform and stored on your device. Tracking cookies enable us to identify your device when you move between different Digital Properties, so that we can better understand your interests and serve targeted advertising to you.
We may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, using the contact information included below under ‘Contact us About Questions or Concerns’.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
We share information as described below.
- Businesses and Individuals: We work closely with other businesses and individuals, and we may share information about you with those businesses and individuals.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing Web site services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Without Your Content: We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
What About my Credit Card or Payment Information?
- We do not handle, process or store any of your credit card or payment information. Upon checkout, you will be asked to choose between Amazon or Paypal, or to provide your credit card information to handle payment. If you use Amazon or PayPal, the transaction will be handled by those platforms. If you opt to provide credit card information, that payment information is handled and processed by Braintree (a division of PayPal). Please reference the following pages to see how each company handles payment information.
Which Information Can I Access?
We give you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, a copy of the prior version may be kept for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information on opting out of targeted advertising, please visit NetworkAdvertising.org.
Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- Links: When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Google Analytics: Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at and to manage and direct digital advertisements.
- AdRoll: Our store uses AdRoll to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at and to manage and direct digital advertisements.
- Facebook: Our store uses a Facebook Pixel to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at and to manage and direct digital advertisements.
We retain data for as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may retain billing information as necessary to meet audit requirements. We may retain login information to confirm when Terms of Service were accepted. We retain cookie data such as device and browser information, ad data, and data collected on our Digital Properties associated with a cookie for up to 13 months and then delete it or anonymize it. We may also retain information as long as necessary to meet legal requirements, resolve disputes or enforce agreements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries (including the United States of America) other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. In general, these countries will be the countries in which we, our Advertisers, or our or their service providers operate.
Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws.
Additional Data Protection Rights for European Territory Residents
If you are a resident of a European Territory, you have the following enhanced rights under EU data protection law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us about questions or concerns” heading below.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us about questions or concerns” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Territories are available here.) However, if you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with law.
Contact us About Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with Shield Your Body LLC generally, you can contact email@example.com or write us at the following address:
Shield Your Body LLC
10300 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89135