- The EMF blocking phone case is typically marketed as a solution to harmful radiation from wireless devices – especially for people who carry their phones in their pockets.
- While it’s true that carrying a cell phone in your pocket is dangerous to health, radiation blocking phone cases don’t work. They may even exacerbate the problem.
- If you’re concerned about your health and want to protect yourself from cell phone radiation, there are other, more effective, measures you can take instead.
Do you carry your cell phone in your pocket? If so, you might be searching for an EMF blocking phone case to provide you with some safety from radiation.
But do EMF blocking phone cases work?
The answer to that question is generally no and in this post we’ll explain why – as well as giving you the answers on what does work.
Cell Phones and Pockets: A Dangerous Combination
You might not have heard the term “nomophobia” but there’s a good chance you’ve experienced the phenomena. It’s also known as smartphone separation anxiety, and it’s what many people experience in moments when their phones are out of reach.
In fact, Smartphones use has become so ubiquitous that three-quarters of Americans keep their phones switched on 24/7.
Want to reduce your exposure to EMF radiation?
Good. Grab your free guide with 5 Ways to Shield Your Body from EMF radiation.
Want to reduce your exposure to EMF radiation?
Good. Grab your copy of my free guide to regain control over EMF radiation.
And because we like to have our phones so near? We frequently keep them in our pockets.
Research shows that this is a dangerous habit.
One of the most conclusive and well-researched effects of electromagnetic field (EMF) radiation is damage to fertility. Numerous studies show that radiation from cell phones is detrimental to reproductive health.
To give just one example, 2014 research from the University of Exeter reviewed ten different studies covering 1,492 samples of male sperm. The results were clear: sperm suffer when exposed to RF radiation. As lead researcher Dr. Fiona Matthews concluded: “This study strongly suggests that being exposed to radio-frequency electromagnetic radiation from carrying mobiles in trouser pockets negatively affects sperm quality.”
Note that women are also at risk – especially while pregnant.
The EMF Blocking Phone Case: An Imperfect Solution
So cell phones in pockets are zapping our delicate reproductive organs with radiation, and people everywhere are justifiably concerned. Enter the EMF blocking cell phone case: a great idea in theory – after all, if you can just get rid of the radiation, carrying your phone next to your body would be perfectly safe, right?
But in reality, it’s not so easy. If you were to cut off all the radiation that emanates from your phone, your phone wouldn’t work. It’s as simple as that.
What’s more, products that attempt to block radiation from your phone completely can actually end up making the radiation worse. Why? Because in attempting to block the radiation they block your cell phone signal. And your cell phone’s response to that is to amp up its attempts to stay connected to the network.
And when it amps up its power to maintain a signal – you guessed it – it outputs more radiation.
This means that any poorly-designed EMF blocking cell phone case will actually do more harm than good.
What To Do Instead
If you’re set on keeping your phone in your pocket and want some added protection, look for a product that’s research-backed, lab-tested, and scientifically sound.
That means you should only ever consider EMF blocking products that allow your phone to keep outputting radiation. How do they work, then? By acting as a shield between your phone and your body.
2019 research that placed this type of shield between a wifi router and human sperm found that the negative effects of radiation were dramatically reduced. The EMF shield doesn’t stop the radiation from occurring; it deflects it away from what needs protecting.
SYB’s products use technology that’s designed based on centuries-old, tried and tested principles. Like a Faraday Cage, they use super-fine conductive materials to repel electromagnetic fields – but they only do this as a barrier between your body and your device so as to not interfere with its signal.
This means that you can keep your phone in your pocket, with no loss of signal or battery life, and be protected against harmful radiation.
- The SYB 5G Phone Shield – Can be used in any type of pocket where you carry your phone. Deflects up to 99.9% of wireless EMF radiation away from your body and works on all networks.
- The SYB Phone Pouch – This lightweight neoprene pouch is a convenient way to carry your cell phone on your belt or in your pocket. Once again, the shielding is woven into one side only so as to not interfere with your phone’s reception.
- The SYB Pocket Patch – This unobtrusive patch turns your favorite pair of jeans or jacket into a permanent cell phone shield. Just stick it into any pocket where you carry devices. Comes in a pack of three so you can protect multiple pockets.
- The SYB Boxer Briefs – To really protect your reproductive health. These men’s briefs offer 360 degree shielding from all types of EMF radiation – that means they protect against pocket devices as well as ambient radiation from laptops, wifi, and any other EMF bouncing around in your environment.
Do You Need A Product At All?
All of that said, our number one goal is for you to be able to use technology more safely. That’s why we always say that the best EMF protection is completely free.
Any chance you have to limit your usage of EMF-emitting devices, take it. Any opportunity you have to maximize your distance from your devices, use it.
Limiting your use and maximizing your distance from electromagnetic radiation is the best protection you can get. And it costs nothing at all.
Of course, I get that that isn’t always possible. For the times when you do need to use your phone or carry it with you, you may opt for added protection. Provided you’re choosing the right shielding, it can’t hurt to play it safe.